If you often travel for business or pleasure, it is highly likely that you have heard of international prepaid cards. You might even use one yourself if you are an avid traveler. International prepaid cards have enjoyed a massive spike in popularity over the years because of the enticing benefits they offer.
Over the years, many travellers have been using their international prepaid cards for their transactions abroad. It has undoubtedly become a traveller’s dependable ally and companion. Apart from the minimal cost of using an international prepaid card, currency conversions and other fees is also small.
One thing that has helped international prepaid cards become a favorite among users is the amazing features they offer. If you find it difficult sticking to the budget you have identified, an international prepaid card can help. The card also makes it possible for you to spend only the amount that’s available on the card.
If you deplete the balance or if the balance available in the card is no longer sufficient to cover the amount of the product or service you want to pay for, the transaction will be declined. You will however be able to proceed with the transaction once you are able to successfully load money onto the card again.
Another feature that endears international prepaid cards to users is the security it offers. Come to think of it, when they use international prepaid cards, you won’t need to carry huge wads of cash with you wherever you go. This can help provide security and peace of mind knowing your cash is safe in your international prepaid card.
International Prepaid Cards: Top Benefits You Can’t Miss
If you are already using an international prepaid card or you are considering getting one, below are some of the enticing benefits you can’t afford to miss:
- If you want to adhere to a specific budget, you have the option to use international prepaid cards for certain transactions. In other words, you have the option to assign a specific amount to a certain project such as fare, food, and other expenses. As soon as you deplete the balance that’s available on your card, your spending also stops automatically.
- Once you consume all the balance that is available on your international prepaid card, you have the option to reload money onto the card using different options including secure online portals or mobile banking. As soon as money has been loaded successfully on the card, you can use the money for purchase transactions and ATM withdrawals.
- International prepaid cardholders also have the opportunity to check their balance through ATMs abroad and locally. Usually, cardholders can also get notifications through text for transactions they do using their cards.
- Since cardholders can load various currencies on the card, you have the option to create currency conversions when the rates are to your liking.
- When your international prepaid card is lost or stolen, you have the option to get an add-on card.
- Some providers of international prepaid cards provide reward points to those who use their cards frequently or for their daily transactions.
- Some restaurants overseas provide attractive discounts to those who use their international prepaid cards for their transactions.
- International prepaid cards also allow cardholders to different currencies on their cards. Typically, cardholders can load as many as 16 different currencies in their cards.